Introducing a whole new question type: Video & Questions! With this question type, you can upload a video containing your case studies or learning material and add multiple questions based on the video.
You can upload a video from your device, Google Drive, or One Drive or paste the URL to a YouTube video. Add multiple Fill in the Blank, Open Ended, or Multiple Choice questions to your video. Participants will then be able to refer to the video while they answer these questions.
In this article, we will go over how you can create a Video & Questions, the participant experience of this question type, and how you can view the responses to this question type in your reports.
Creating a Video & Questions
Here's how you can add Video & Questions to your quiz.
- Click on 'Create new content' on the top-right corner of your screen
- Click on 'Create quiz from scratch'
- Select 'Video & Questions' from the list of question types
- Click on 'Import a video'. Here, you can choose to
- Search for a YouTube video or paste its URL
- Upload a video from your Google Drive
- Upload a video from your One Drive
- Upload a video from your device to Google Drive, and import it from there
- You can add a caption to your video to provide more context
- Add questions to your video by choosing between the Multiple Choice, Open Ended, and Fill in the Blank question types
- Enter your question and add the answer options (in the case of MCQs). You can also
- add images, audio, video, and equations to your question
- add an answer explanation if required
- set the points to be allotted to the question
- set the time allotted to the question, and
- tag topics to the question
- Click on 'Save question'
- Add your remaining questions by choosing from the three question types at the bottom of your screen
- Once you've added all the questions you need, you can:
- click to edit them
- drag and drop to rearrange them
- hover and click on the trash icon to delete them
- Set the overall timer to ensure your participants have ample time to view the video
- Click on 'Save question'
Repeat these steps to add as many Videos & Questions as you'd like, and click on 'Publish'. Your quiz can now be hosted live or as an assigned activity.
When participants attempt a Video & Questions, they will be able to view the video on the left and a list of all the questions they need to answer on the right.
The questions do not have to be answered in the order in which they appear. Participants can click on any of the questions to answer them.
While they answer the question, they can click on the left and right arrow icons to switch between questions. They can also click on the 'See all Qs' button to see a complete list of the questions to be answered.
Participants can click on the 'Submit' button after each question they answer. Once all the questions for a given video have been answered and submitted, participants will be able to move on to the next question in the quiz.
Viewing Video & Questions in Reports
For Video & Questions, a Quizizz report will display responses and points for each of the individual questions separately. Click on the 'Questions' tab or the 'Overview' tab to see how participants have responded to each question.
- Only one video can be uploaded for a given set of questions
- The supported file formats formats for uploaded videos include .mp4, .ogg, and .webm
- A power-up, when applied, will affect only one question for a given Video